INSTALL CONFIDENTLY WITH MIXERGY
The Mixergy tank is just as easy to install as a conventional cylinder and is available in an extensive range of configurations to suit most properties and projects.
Check out this short installation video or continue reading below…
ALL MIXERGY TANKS COME WITH:
- ‘B’ ERP rating (medium cycle ERP draw test)
- 63mm HCFC-free insulation
- 100% recyclable duplex stainless steel
- Full warranty (25-year cylinder, 3-year electrics)
- Installation Guide
- Local hard-wired controller ‘The Gauge’
- Pre-fitted control panel ‘The Brain’
- Secondary return ports on all cylinders >210L
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
THE MIXERGY TANK
- All Mixergy Tanks can be installed as open-vented or unvented
- Unvented cylinders require G3 compliance (expansion vessel and T&P valve provided by Mixergy)
- The Mixergy Tank has 22mm connections. A 22mm>15mm reducer can be used for 15mm cold feeds.
- For low pressure/flow systems where Mixergy is installed as an energy saving innovation, 15mm is adequate. For pressurised systems, upgrading to a 22mm supply to achieve a 20l/m is recommended.
Please note: the flow rate available pre-install will be the maximum flow-rate available post-install.
HEAT SOURCE OPTIONS:
- Direct electric
- Mixergy Solar Tank (solar PV, solar thermal)
- Mixergy Heat Pump Tank (fitted with an external plate heat exchanger)
- Switch between direct/indirect in the Mixergy App or gauge (useful if boiler installation isn’t complete!)
CASE DIAMETERS OPTIONS:
- Slimline (478mm)
- Regular (580mm)
- All fittings front-loaded to enable easier installation in tight spaces
THE MIXERGY TANK
- An Ethernet over Power (EoP) module connects to the household router via an Ethernet cable (provided by Mixergy). A blue light on the gauge and three green lights on the EoP show on successful connection.
INTERNET TROUBLE SHOOTING:
- To re-establish connection, press the EoP pair button and pair button labelled on top of the Mixergy tank.
INTERNET HARD WIRING:
- Alternatively, you can hard wire to the router by plugging the Ethernet cable directly into the control box at the top of the Mixergy tank. Remove the lid of the control box with a screwdriver to access this port.
ELECTRICAL CABLE REQUIREMENTS:
- 16amp fuse spur with dedicated 20amp RCD circuit breaker (pre-stripped power cable provided by Mixergy).
- All Mixergy tanks are fitted with a back-up immersion at the bottom of the cylinder. This does not need to be wired in for normal operation. The top immersion is controlled by the Mixergy tank’s controller for electrical heating.
CONNECTING THE BOILER AND ZONE CONTROL VALVE (INDIRECT ONLY)
- An indirect wiring centre is pre-mounted on the Mixergy tank
- S or Y-plan dependent on a 2 or 3-port valve configuration
CONNECTING TO A CONVENTIONAL OR SMART (E.G. HIVE) HOT WATER TIMER CONTROL
- A pre-stripped timer control cable is provided by Mixergy
- If you have a single-channel Hive, Hive will not control your hot water. If you have a dual-channel Hive, Hive will control your hot water if the timer control cable is connected to the hot water ‘on’ connection.
However, please note: Mixergy recommend using the Mixergy App scheduler to control your hot water, as this offers advanced features to heat by water volume instead of time. To do this, select “ignore timer control cable” in the Mixergy Enterprise App or Mixergy App schedule settings.
TIME FOR A VIDEO?
Check out our videos to see how the Mixergy Tank operates with different heat sources…
What Mixergy Tank Do I Need?